ShoutOut Live Festival Live Show: Bethany Rutter
Bethany Rutter is a writer and podcaster. She co-hosts the books podcast What Page Are You On? and previously hosted the podcast Hello Friend. Her book Plus+ is a compilation of plus size style from around the world.
- How to accept yourself when society is telling you not to
- Do you think that you don’t know anyone like you? Here’s how the internet can help
- How to deal with your online critics
- What’s concerned trolling and are you an unwitting perpetrator?
- Three small acts of violence that plus-sized people experience everyday
- Are diversity panels really useful?
- Why over-saturation in creative sectors is a myth?
In this live recording from ShoutOut Live! Radical Women, Imrie asks Bethany about her personal journey. Bethany opens up to talk to the audience about her experiences as a fat person, and how they’ve changed throughout her life. She explains how fashion restricts plus-sized customers, and other minor acts of aggression that often go unnoticed. Imrie and Beth also talk about the making of Plus+. You’ll learn how Bethany made her creation truly diverse. Also, Bethany drops tips on novel writing and navigating publishing. Finally, the pair tackle finding a space in saturated creative industries. Is there a place in podcasting for you? Find out…