Episode 65 + 66: Ruby Aryiku
Ruby Aryiku is the co-founder of Vamp PR, a ‘social’ marketing agency. Ruby and the Vamp crew have worked on some fantastic UK premieres, including Girls Trip and Black Panther. Vamp PR tries to ensure that black influencers gain the same access to junkets and mainstream press events as their white counterparts.
- ‘Clearing’ isn’t a dirty word. Here’s why.
- Why you shouldn’t wait until you graduate to start networking
- Want to get be a great writer? Start journaling…
- Introvert vs extrovert – does it really matter?
- These drama techniques will strengthen your self-confidence
- Do we really need influencers?
- How to build an awesome career after being fired
- Will reading make you a better businessperson?
In episode 65, Imrie and Ruby swap wildly different uni experiences. Ruby thinks uni is worth the time and money, Imrie doesn’t. Listen in to see who you agree with. We love self-improvement here at Wanna Be, so we asked Ruby what skills she’d like to develop. You’ll never guess what she said. Also, Imrie tells of her adventures in Nicaragrua and Costa Rica. Could volunteering abroad be for you too?
Ruby reveals her childhood ambition in episode 66. She talks about the moment she realised it wasn’t going to happen, and the steps she took going forward. Plus, who knew improv could be the key to self-confidence? Ruby explains the techniques that made her believe in herself. She also gives an insight into working at Disney and Universal. Hear it straight from the horse’s mouth!