Micro-Grants for Podcasters Programme 2022
***** Now Accepting Applications *****
Content is Queen is proud to bring back the Micro-Grants for Podcasters Programme supported by Audible! The micro-grants programme aims to help creators that might otherwise find it challenging to create their podcasts. You can use this grant to pay for artwork, editors, equipment, music, pilots, actors, producers, etc., as long as you can demonstrate that it helps your podcast idea come to life, you can apply.
Our 2021 programme amassed over 500 applications, and Content is Queen awarded 23 lucky creators cash grants of £250-£1000 to bring their big vision to life. This year we hope to make a much more significant impact with the programme.
Each successful podcaster will be awarded a micro-grant of £2500 or £5000 as a one-off contribution to their proposed podcast project. In addition to the grant, Content is Queen will offer production support to grantees in the first three months to ensure the project is delivered.
We hope that access to the grants inspires ideas, innovation and creativity.
Here’s what’s new:
Receive a Cash Grant
We’re awarding creators (or groups) up to £5000 to develop an original podcast idea into a pilot or series within eight weeks.
The selected creators will receive 6hrs per week of production support from Content is Queen. You’ll have access to our studios, producers and editors and our Epidemic Sound library.
Pitch to Audible
Creators will have the opportunity to pitch their show to Audible for commissioning and further development.
Who can apply
- UK-based individuals only
- New or existing podcasters
- Disabled people
- Racialised people/persons
- Anyone that identifies as LGBTQIA+
- Those from low-income backgrounds
- Must be aged over 18
Who can’t apply
Registered businesses or organisations (over ten employees), schools or charities.
Terms and Conditions
- The application deadline is Wednesday 30th November 2022, at 6:00 pm GMT
- Applications received after the application deadline will not be considered.
- Successful applicants will be notified by Friday, 20th January 2023.
- Successful applicants must commit at least 1hour a week for productional calls.
- Successful applicants must produce evidence of how the grant supported the podcast and have a summary production budget of how the funding was spent by 18:00 Friday, 28th April 2023 (evidence includes audio files, artwork, social media ad reports, a recorded pilot, equipment receipts etc.)
- Content is Queen will not own any part of the developed podcast. Successful applicants have no obligation to work with or further develop their ideas with Content is Queen or our partners once the project is complete. Content is Queen will need to be listed in audio/written credits as a supporter, partner or funder for any published work that results from the administered grant.
- Successful applicants will receive their grant in instalments to be determined at the start of the project based on the individual/group reaching key milestones outlined at the beginning of production.
- Successful applicants must be able to supply a UK Bank account in the lead applicant’s name.
You might find it helpful to ***review our micro-grant FAQs before submitting*** your application.
Apply for the Micro-grant for Podcasters 2022 Programme here:
(Can’t see the form? Click here)
Note: if the page goes blank after you’ve hit submit, your application has been received. There is no need to re-submit. Also, we do not send email confirmations of receipt.